Welcome to Fergus, a historic town in Ontario Canada. Formerly known as "Little Falls", it is now part of the Township of Centre Wellington, along with Elora and Belwood.
Following an ancient native path upstream from Elora, Adam Fergusson and James Webster first laid eyes on "Little Falls", the future site of Fergus in 1833. Excited by the prospect of fertile farmland, and not only one mill site, but two along that stretch of the Grand River, their decision was made. They purchased 7400 acres and the little Scottish hamlet was born.
"Christmas always rustled. It rustled every time, mysteriously, with silver and gold paper, tissue paper and a rich abundance of shiny paper, decorating and hiding everything and giving a feeling reckless extravagance."
"T'was the night before Christmas, when all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse."
Clement Clarke Moore